Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Wondrous Wreath


The Wondrous Wreath bundle really is wondrous! I first discovered this stamp set at a class with my friend, Michelle Suit.  Once I started looking at card ideas on Pinterest, I knew I HAD to have it for my December "stamp-set-of-the-month-class."  I also used it for my monthly card kit.  This is what we made at the class:

Project 1:  Joy Wreath Card

Project 2: Blue Wreath Card

Project 3: Mailbox with Garland Card (even better in reality because of the glitter on the snow that doesn't show up in the picture!)


Project 4: Wreath on a Fence Card (also better in reality because of the glitter on the snow that doesn't show up in the picture!)


Project 5: Wreath Gift Card Pouch

I can't take credit for designing any of these projects, as I found all of them on Pinterest and fell in love.  That doesn't stop me from being thrilled with how gorgeous they all turned out in real life! :)

These are a few of the other cards I made with this bundle:









I received the following beautiful card from a card swap at On Stage in November:


This stamp set has been a real winner for me.  I will admit that the first time I tried to cut it out with the framelits, I was discouraged.  It took a few tries to figure out how to line it up just right.  It really helps if you draw an arrow in the corner of your cardstock to remind you which way is the top of the wreath.  Then use the two little leaves that are close together at the top of the wreath as your guide when lining things up for two-step stamping, as well as when die-cutting.  The magnetic platform also makes a big difference when running this through the big shot.  I didn't have it when I first was using this set.  Once I had it, everything became easier because it prevented the framelits from slipping.  In spite of the need for extra care when using this bundle, I still managed to stamp and cut at least 40 wreaths!  It's obviously worth the extra effort in my book! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment